High achievers and anxiety :Women 50+
High achievers are not immune to feelings of anxiety. Are you an award-winning entrepreneur, an ambitious and driven executive, a successful business owner? Many will see you as an achiever and if you are a women in this exciting stage of life, I wish to ask:
Does your success sit well with you and are you enjoying life in this prestigious position? Or are you aware that success can also come at a price’? Are you living the life you planned for?
You may share a sense of disappointment which is felt potentially by other entrepreneurs and those self-employed. You delight in your success and cope well with responsibility, but disappointment sits in the background because the life you have built does not allow time to live the pleasurable opportunities available.
- Do you ever sense that those you love the most do not understand you and do not share the same excitement in your achievements?
- Do you feel alone, unsupported? You have success, achieved so many amazing things but all for what?
What these disappointments have in common is that you are not immune to the strong negative feelings of stress and anxiety. You may consider:
- When can I live the plans and dreams, I made for this stage of my life?
- My children hardly know me
- My marriage is floundering
Insidiously you sense that life is passing by.
Menopause is probably playing a part in those darker thoughts and your roller coaster state of mind is not helping.
You may think that
- Eating habits could be improved
- Exercise should be increased
- Meditation techniques could be learned
But no action is being taken, there’s just not enough time! But you ARE aware that you feel dissatisfied and that there seems to be a wedge sitting between what can be possible, and achieving it! You are not living the dream; not living what you have worked hard for.
Imagine a hamster wheel going faster and faster. If you are not living a life offering contentment you are unable to make space for gratitude, peace, pleasures. Perhaps the drug of success or the haze of not quite achieving reverberate continuously. Overwhelm kicks in.
- Your physical health begins to let you down or dramatically challenges you
- A divorce is on the cards or an affair seems like a good idea
- There is no time to find that new relationship
If you crave more order, more time, more peace, rest assured that you are not alone.
So many of us can be:
- High achieving yet dissatisfied
- Award winning but unfulfilled
- Unable to offer kindness to Self
And what has really happened?
Life has happened and it has diminished abundance of joy, flow and life balance. It has left no time to do the little things which mean such a lot. Little things like spending more time with your partner, your big or little children, the simple things of life.
I believe this to be true:
When we reach the more mature years we begin to realise that what we thought mattered, doesn’t matter half as much as peace of mind, feeling a need to be wanted and having the time to make good choices.
I can help you to
- Manage your time better so that you can live the life you want
- Feel worthy of your success so that you can choose to live the life you want
- Deserve love and choose to make time for those you do love
Did one or all resonate? Did you feel the reaction somewhere in your body?
A brief example: the body does not lie and when you feel a strong emotion of eg. anger, helplessness, fear, sadness, you can sense that feeling in an area of your body.
We are all different. The Mind, Body Connection is real and when I ask where you feel your anger, you focus and perhaps reply; in my head. But someone else may reply; in my shoulders or chest. We are not robots; we are each unique. There is not one rule or expectation for all. The actual physical symptoms of stress can be digestive problems, heart concerns, headaches, muscle and back issues, skin problems.
That is why if you work 1-1 with me we identify and clear the trigger(s) which cause the heightened anxiety. Once the problem is identified, given focus and the expected goals of wellness and clarity are achieved, then physical health and relationships benefit as the resulting ripple effect encompasses life around you.
I have a membership group which launches very soon.
I am planning a ‘Live the Life You Want Club’ for like minded women 50+ who feel stressed and anxious and believe that life is passing by. A community for potential sisterhood where life experiences and insight may be shared. I will be offering self-development opportunities where we focus, identify, achieve and maintain goals. I will share my emotional healing expertise, EFT Tapping and Lifestyle Prescriptions Health Coaching skills, Q&A, Zoom and Speakers, Mindset tweaks and Meditation.
Check out my freebies
- Request my MP3 where I share much around EFT
- Top Tips, Tapping routine and Tapping Points pdf
- Download the ebook: The 6 Root Causes to a Health Symptom
If you are ready to make little changes so that you can live the life you want with balance and flow, rather than with resentment and disappointment, I invite you to contact me for more information. The Mind, Body connection between our emotional and physical health is real and when you understand the link a little better, you will feel emotionally stronger and physically healthier.
Please email: email@example.com
Susan is the author of: Survive and Thrive after Trauma
Call Susan for a 20 minute chat: M:07917 680967