After reading Sarah’s Post How long does it take to change a habit? I chipped in with a comment and here I am Guest blogging. Thank you very much Sarah. I welcome this opportunity to share how EFT Tapping can be incredibly useful to lower, manage and clear anxiety based issues.
My holistic healing practice helps clients to change habits and to reduce the stress and anxiety around facilitating those changes. Poor self-belief, having a sense of failure can cause internalised feelings of anger, disappointment, humiliation, self-sabotage, not being good enough….an endless list.
My business Hampshire-EFT involves working with clients who recognise
- a need to change patterns of behaviour.
- that bad habits can be altered and released.
- that action can improve confidence and self-esteem.
The client is ready to take action to resolve their particular self-sabotaging issue.
Before we go any further let me give you an example of a Self-Sabotaging belief system.
- Wanting to do something that causes you fear or anxiety e.g. flying and you are terrified.
- But you decide- enough is enough I’m going to do it!
- Then you hear a knock at a door.
- You answer it and there is your 4 year old self saying to you, ‘You don’t want to do that- remember when you went with mum and dad in a plane and you got sore ears ?’
Result: you are instantly transformed to that time. Fear sets in all over again.
But you are acting on the instructions of a four year. Perhaps it’s time to get over yourself?!
Together we work towards a cognitive shift, a real and sustainable Mindset shift, to find the core reason why the client finds it difficult to make and keep a positive behavioural change.
One of the main techniques I work with is EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) aka Tapping, and Matrix ReImprinting. This is Energy work.
Imagine: the dull and disappointed feeling when another attempt to change that habit has not worked.
Imagine: the delight felt when you have had a success.
Those energetic feelings either spur you on or stop you in your tracks.
So in order to change a long term inappropriate habit you need to change the energy around it.
Why is it so difficult?
Potentially you have had this issue for a long time. Each time you don’t succeed as best you want, you see yourself as a failure, a disappointment. This results in a subconscious belief that you might say,
‘I really can’t do anything about this problem actually!!!’
The problem appears bigger and always more difficult to tackle. It IS a strong feeling because it has lots of power. You may have given this habit years to grow. It’s part of you; well your brain tells you this and actually your brain or the self-talk you hear is not all powerful; this is what we change.
EFT can shift that negative feeling in moments!
EFT works at two levels:
- Mindset level: the self destruct talk that goes on in your head.
- Cellular level: (you clear the negative energy, the feelings of dread, anger, etc.) releasing blocked energy which can progress into troublesome physical health issues.
In order to clear the subconscious beliefs around your unwanted habit then some questions need asked, work needs done. Reimprinting (see below) finishes the process.
A client may come to the first session saying:
- I am useless I just can’t stop this.
- I’ve tried for years and failed.
- Why is it so difficult?
- Why can’t I do something about this?
For those who have an appreciation that Mindset plays a crucial role in changing routine or behaviour then figuring out why and how the habit started is a good place to start.
My work involves helping the client to change, tweak, manage and clear beliefs which do not serve.
I first of all help the client to remove the level of bad energy.
I then ask questions e.g.
- When did you last feel like this?
- Is there a pattern to those feelings which stop your best efforts?
- When was the earliest time you remember behaving in this way?
- What was happening in your life at that time?
The Core belief and habit was most likely started by e.g.
- an action witnessed.
- a misinterpreted statement.
- and witnessed at a very young age, under 6 years of age.
We visit ECHOES of our younger self and release the bad energy trapped at that time.
We then Reimprint a positive picture.
And yes the incident took place and the new picture is reimprinted with a positive energy. We do NOT need to keep the bad energy; we can release it and let it go. We can move on…..
So how long does it take to change a habit?
In short, improvement in anxiety levels around the habit is almost always felt within minutes. Then the clearing work can be done.
Here are two in-depth articles I published recently
What is EFT and How can it help me? The simplest cure to feel less stressed. A Tapping routine is included.
Matrix ReImprinting: 3 Sections of explanation.
- Addictions are very difficult for individuals to address
- Bad habits are usually somewhat easier.
When you are ready and willing to take action working with a practitioner is the next step.
Positive Transformation is a reality! We can release and let go. It is a choice.
For more information:
Please check out my website: Hampshire-EFT . I also offer a free chat.
I am the author of ‘Survive and Thrive after Trauma‘. (also available as ebook)
Email: email@example.com Telephone: 07917 680967