Decluttering: A fairly non PC blog on why decluttering can be painful but magically releasing. Is it an age related difficulty? Can younger people eg. less than 45 be more ruthless or just more sensible?
Let’s talk clothes; but the principle is just the same I expect for many emotional issues.
I’m back from a few days in Edinburgh and action has been taken; not just the
- move the winter stuff upstairs
- tidy a bit
But clear the shit which has clogged up my wardrobe for years in the stupid thinking that
- I know I can wear that one day
- I bought it and CAN’T give it away
- It might not be my colour or shape but it’s lovely and….
- I loved it and want to keep it (it’s falling to bits for God’s sake)
- I’ll lose a bit of weight for that one
- I best keep that in case I gain weight
Professionally I help people move on from emotional obstacles whether it’s phobia or big trauma and my book Survive and Thrive after Trauma suggests nicely and gently that moving on is a very good idea.
I still seem to need big neon signs suggesting I clear stuff that is not of value, useful or even suitable for a lady of my standards 🙂
I’ve had signs in the last two weeks
- My trusty leather jacket which has served for years was stolen, not sure how but it’s gone
- My short trenchcoat has been taken from The Castle pub in Rowlands Castle definitely by error as the twin of it was left for me; too small and Please I would like it back
My sister said those are signs that I need buy new and trendy clothes (I thought -hey how come you’re so smart?). I have plenty coats and jackets and I really don’t wear them because they are old. Mind you should they be kept in a box for fancy dress or fashion coming round again?!
So I am decluttering; leaving space.
I’ve also been working on Susie Shelmerdine and Sharon King’s webinar series ‘Create a magical relationship with money’ Superb. The beliefs we have around money and actually our basic core beliefs around life can be very similar.
Here are some tips on clearing baggage.
How to clear what does not serve
- Clean Language related questioning
What do I want to have happen? I want to be released from hanging on to stuff which no longer serves
What needs to happen for that to happen? I need to recognise that I can CHOOSE to just let it go- send it on its way with love and gratitude.
Is there anything else about all that? Yes when it’s done and I’ve cleared the space; a freedom, a sense of achievement and just smiling feels great.
- EFT: where did that belief come from? An EFT Tapping practitioner can help with that and swaps with colleagues is the answer for me. (didn’t do it for a terrible long time)
- Matrix Reimprinting: gives the subconscious a different story to run; it is powerful beyond belief 🙂
Sent with love and hugs to those who need to declutter.
Just Do It!