Hello again, it’s been a few weeks since my last Autumn Weight Loss post and now Christmas is looming. EEK!
To save repetition, I am cutting down my Blog Posts to monthly intervals, however that seems to make my resolve a little weaker especially at this fairly crazy time of year.
My report: I’ve managed to maintain my original weight loss and lose another 3 pounds. It’s been quite tough because the lack of daily or weekly accountability seemed to allow small Self-Sabotaging naughtiness to creep into my daily routine. I must address this very speedily as I gained a pound this week. (but also lost it again!)
Folks, it is difficult. But big changes of habit require big effort.
My Healthy Living: What have I done that is not so good?
- I have stopped buying my carrots (to nibble on between my meals) for about 2 weeks. Why? Because I think I must have got bored with them. (It is now re-addressed).
- I have been having alcohol tipples on a more regular basis; I had cut it back to once or twice a week. That old habit creeping in seems to make me less in control of maintaining good treat choices; ain’t that a surprise?!
Salmon, quinoi, chilli, ginger & roast veg.
My Healthy Living: What have I done that is good?
- I have been going to the gym 3x a week: interval training. I’ve been using Joe Wicks Lean in 15 book ; it shares great recipes and Workout routines. I see him on the TV adverts just now promoting his book for Christmas. It’s good, it appeals and I enjoy the recipes. ( I want to be an affiliate Joe!) But, I need to work harder on my routine this coming fortnight. Do I fancy that? Not one bloody bit. But I will.
- I have been self-treating more regularly with EFT Tapping.; here’s a link to my Weight Loss Chat and EFT Tap video. Why am I doing this? I help people to better manage Stress, Anxiety, Emotional Trauma, Overwhelm. And, well, my life is proving to be a bit too busy and some challenges have raised their ugly heads; a fair sense of Overwhelm is around. I am becoming rattled by all that I think I need to do; much is going on. Tapping really helps me to keep a handle on my default traits. (I can recognise them now and don’t like how I feel when they reach out and bite me every now and then). Big challenges require big effort: Mind, Body and Spirit.
3 Top Tips for surviving Christmas indulgance
- Don’t Stress, Plan for Success.
- Don’t blow it sky high for days; get back on track fast after Boxing Day.
- Remember that some folks can get away with indulgances, those of us with more addictive natures just can’t.
Put in a little bit of effort. Self beating, especially at this time of year, is not useful when success can be slow or difficut, and do not use The Festive Season as the best excuse in the world to go and buggar up all your good work.
So I ask myself:
- Can I maintain this Healthy Living (healthy eating) till I go away in Mid December to House Sit in France?
- Can I maintain a weight status quo over a few heavy eating and drinking days at Christmas?
One thing for sure when I eat better, drink less alcohol, do regular exercise, I feel good.
Next Blog: I hope to share the success of my friend Clare who has been incredibly successful in her weight loss programme over the last short few years. She is going to do a Q and A for me to share with you. I expect you will be impressed.
Enjoy the next few weeks and I will continue to be accountable. My next post may be from France.
Happy Christmas. Joyeax Noel.
Call for a chat to find out how I can help you with addictive tendancies Mobile: 07917 680967
Author of Survive and Thrive after Trauma
I am smack in the middle of an Autumn weight loss routine, AND, going on holiday. However this need not be a great crisis or even the best excuse to ditch the whole effort. Question: How can I and how can you keep some modicum of weight loss success continuing, when we go on holiday? Continue reading
I am almost through Week Two of my Autumn Weight Loss regime and I’m feeling good about it all. I started my Healthier Living and all things related very recently. I am no saint but I am being very mindful of
- managing any stress
- being aware of negative trigger limits and default traits
so that I can give myself an excellent opportunity for big success! Continue reading